Chevy Big Block Long Water Pump Power Steering Bracket Installation
Assembly Instructions (photos show Chevy small block kit but assembly is the same for big block)
1. Mount the (20151-A) Power Steering Bracket & water pump to engine block using two (S275) 3/8-16 x 4.1/4” SHCS & two (TP3-1.980) spacers (between (20151-A) Power Steering Bracket & water pump) (fig. 1).
2. If your power steering pump came equipped with a mounting stud at the rear of the pump, use an 11/16” wrench to remove the mounting stud from the pump unit (fig. 2)
3. Mount the (20176-A) Front Support Bracket to the power steering pump using two (S311) 3/8-16 x 3⁄4” HHCS (fig. 3).
4. Mount the (20176-B) Rear Support Bracket to the power steering pump using one (S312) 3/8-16 x 1” HHCS & two (S664) 3/8 x 1” x .080 spacer washers. (fig. 4) Do not tighten at this time. (Note; due to variations of water pump boss castings, additional spacer washers may be needed.)
5. Mount (20176-A & B) Support Brackets and P/S pump to water pump boss using one (S268) 3/8-16 x 3 1/4” SHCS. Leave loose enough for adjustment. Now tighten the (20176-B) Rear Support Bracket to the power steering pump.
6. Referring to (fig. 5), the power steering mounting face should meet the back of (20151-A) Power Steering Bracket. If not, use spacer washers in the appropriate places (fig. 4, fig. 6) to properly align pump.
Important Note: Due to variations of water pump boss castings particularly in aftermarket and polished pumps it may be necessary to add spacer washers between (20176-A) Front Support Bracket and the water pump boss. (fig. 6) if this should be required it will also be 0necessary to place a second spacer washer between the (20176-B) Rear Sup- port Bracket and power steering pump. (fig. 4)
7. Mount (20151-A) Power Steering Bracket to power steering pump using one (S312) 3/8-16 x 1” HHCS & one (S664) washer. (fig. 7) Leave loose for adjustment.