This kit should only be installed on a vehicle that is in good mechanical condition. Before installing the kit, replace worn or corroded parts. If the vehicle is suspected to have been in a collision or abused, DO NOT install the kit. The components in this kit do not eliminate weaknesses that may exist in the original equipment components.
Installation steps for 2004-08 Chevy Colorado/Canyon Torsion Bar Leveling Kit
1. Place the vehicle on a level surface. Prior to beginning, record ride height on each side of the vehicle by measuring from the center of the spindle to a consistent point on the wheel well. Record these measurements for future reference.
2. Put the transmission in Park or 1st gear (manual transmissions) and chock the rear tires.
3. Raise the front of the vehicle using a jack. Raise it enough to completely unload the front suspension. Place a jack stand under each frame rail just behind the lower control arms for the front suspension. Ease the frame down on to the stands, but leave a slight load on the jack as a safety precaution.
This product is meant to fit Nissan 350Z only. Please check the parts before mounting.
- Mounting Procedure
Please follow the manufacturer’s repair manual for proper front bumper cover removal procedure.
（Remove the side bracket from the OEM bumper. ）
(Remove the impact foam from the front of the bumper.）
Install the side bracket onto the GT bumper by reversing the steps used to remove it.
Install the GT bumper using the factory clips and screws to the original locations.
1. Removal of the original bumper:
Remove all screws which hold the bumper. Also remove the screws which hold the alloy bar and remove the bumper with the alloy bar. Remove the alloy bar from the bumper and install it into the new Hofele-Design bumper.
2. Placement of the Hofele-Design front bumper on the car:
Place the new bumper on the car but do not yet bolt it on.
3. Preparation of the bonnet:
Remove the front grill and the rubber strap behind it. Install the front grill (HF 7052-S4 / RS4) in the extension piece.
The HomeLink system provides a convenient way to replace up to three remote controls with a single built-in component. This innovative feature learns the radio frequency codes of most current remote controls used to activate garage doors, property gates, security systems, and home or office lighting.
a) Make sure vehicle is parked on a level surface. Set parking brake.
b) Disconnect negative battery terminal from the battery.
c) If engine has run within the past two hours, let it cool down.
Removal of the stock intake system.
a) Before removing any of the O.E. components, label each individual part so that no components become mixed up during the installation process.
1) Test each corner for fit to ensure that the CORNERS and CENTER fit correctly.
2) If you are using the tank cover without a gas tank in the truck (IT’S POSSIBLE) you may decide that you want a little more support. If this is the case, braces can be formed from ¾” plywood, angle iron, or MDF pressboard. The areas that need the most support in directly under the package tray area, this is especially important if installing a radio or CD player onto the flat of the package tray.
3) Apply the Foam Edge Tape to the backside of the cover at the top edge and down the sides on the back edge only.
Test each corner for fit to ensure that the corners are correct.
Option #1: If covering each piece separately:
A) Start by applying the foam edge tape to corner pieces by running it along the entire edge of the panel stopping at both the top and the bottom where the edge of the panel meets the step where the corner pieces are fitted and fixed into the center section. Apply foam tape along the edge of entire center section, keeping the same idea to stop short of the sides that contain the mounted retainer strips that corner pieces will be mounted on.
Why change the Boxster S Bumpers? You fall in love with a Porsche—and start improving, modifying, and changing it until it reflects who you are. It doesn’t matter what kind of perfection you’re chasing. Porsche geekdom is one religion with many denominations: club racing, driver’s education, autocrossing, rallying, touring, preservations, concours, and socialization. If you don’t change it and make it uniquely yours, then you’re not really a Porsche guy, just a temporary owner.
Removing cover for center dashboard (defroster trim)
Installation Location: 1. Insert plastic wedge under dashboard cover (defroster trim) center -1- and lever out in upward direction – 2. Disconnect plug connection for sun sensor.