Removing And Installing Instrument Panel
1 Remove instrument panel bottom section (1()
2 Remove A-pillar trim on left and right
3 Remove upper section of air outlet panel (1) Long wedge: See Special Tools below.
4 Unscrew screws (3) from upper side of instrument panel
5 Remove instrument cluster (A1 remove
6.1 Disconnect sun sensor connector
NOTE: Only as of 01.09.01: Connector is located behind instrument cluster
Component locations, overview 1 – Glove box Removing Page 68-1 2 – Driver’s storage compartment Removing Page 68-7 3 – Steering column switch Removing Page 70-55 4 – Removing instrument cluster Repair Manual, Electrical Equipment, Repair Group 90; Servicing instrument cluster; Removing and installing instrument cluster 5 – Front section of center console Removing 68-28 6 – Center section of instrument panel Removing 68-31 7 – Reinforcing bracket for center section of instrument panel Removing Page 70-57 8 – Instrument panel end trim (left) Removing Page Read more
The repair of dashboard/instrument panel for 1991 Lexus ES 250 V6-2.5L (2VZ-FE)
Vehicle Level Body and Frame Interior Moulding / Trim Dashboard / Instrument Panel Service and Repair
1. Disable airbag system as described under MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES/AIRBAG SYSTEM DISARMING. 2. Using a Torx 30 (special tool No. 09042-00010), or equivalent, loosen screws from wheel pad, Fig. 1. Pull wheel pad out and disconnect airbag connector. Store airbag face up. 3. Remove steering wheel retaining nut, disconnect steering connector, Fig 2. Place scribe marks on steering wheel and shaft, then remove steering wheel using special tool SST 09213-31021, or equivalent. 4. Remove front pillar garnish by pulling out clips and pulling Read more
Dashboard Component Removal/Installation
CAUTION: When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape, and apply protective tape around the related parts, to prevent damage.
NOTE: Take care not to scratch the dashboard and related parts.
1. Remove the center air vent.
2. Remove the climate control unit and audio unit as an assembly (’96 – 98 models, ’99 – 04 models). NOTE: Do not disconnect the connectors.
3. Remove the dashboard lower cover and driver’s switch trim.
4. Remove the screws, detach the clips, then carefully pull out the instrument panel in the numbered sequence. Disconnect the connector, then remove it.
1. Disconnect the battery. See BATTERY DISCONNECT .
2. Remove the screws (1) and pull the center finish trim panel finish panel (2) out from the instrument panel
3. Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the radio and center instrument panel finish panel.
4. Remove the screws (1) and remove the inner hood lock release handle (2)
5. Remove the screws (1) and remove the instrument panel steering column cover (2).
This instructions is contains the installation for 1955-1957 Chevy Triangulated 4-Link Kit:
1. Begin by installing the Axle Brackets onto the housing at the distances shown in Figure 1. The Axle Brackets are symmetrical with the centerline of the housing. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR HOUSING “BANJO” WILL LIKELY BE OFF CENTER! For this reason, to locate the center of your housing, measure from the outside edge of each outer flange and mark the halfway point. As shown in Figure 2, your housing should be pointed down 2º from vertical, while all of the mounts (except for the angle brackets) should be vertical. The top face of the angle brackets will be horizontal. Once in place, tack weld them.
Your new IPCW LED Upper Quarter Panel Lights are quality-made products that will work beautifully on your vehicle. Please refer to the pictures below for installation instructions.
Remove the screws in Figure A with a Phillips screwdriver. Untwist the sockets, then gently slide out the tail light.
After the tail light is removed. remove the screw in Figure B.
Remove the screw in Figure C to remove the Upper Quarter panel.
Gently slide out the stock Upper Quarter Panel.
Remove or Disconnect
J 9886-01 Door Handle Clip Remover
1. Window regulator handle using J 9886-01.
2. Window regulator handle bezel.
3. Door control assembly handle using J 9886-01.
4. Control assembly handle bezel.
5. Assist strap (if equipped).
6. Arm rest (if equipped).
7. Door trim outer panel screws (if equipped).
Automotive air conditioning installation requires a basic knowledge of refrigeration systems and services of a qualified mechanic. These instructions explain the steps necessary or the installation of this unit but do not detail standard workshop procedures or safely practices.
Remove the Stock / OEM Instrument Panel
1) Make sure to disconnect the vehicle battery before you begin to remove the instrument panel.
2) Remove the two 5/16” screws which are holding the steering column tight to the base of the dash. This allows the steering column to drop down slightly.
3) Remove the six screws that are holding the panel to the dash.
4) Remove the light switch knob. To do this, push in the button at the top of the switch box housing (under the dash) and then pull out the light switch knob and shaft. Next, unthread the nut holding the light switch box to the instrument panel and remove the light switch box.