This kit is designed only for use on GMC/Chevy 2001-present 8-lug vehicles.
1. Inspect the kits to make sure that all parts and fasteners were provided. The parts list (for each portal)
2. Block or otherwise retain the vehicle from moving. Remove the current steering components from the GMC vehicle. If necessary, take measurements to determine the current toe-in. (An alignment is still necessary.)
3. Remove the old steering assembly from the vehicle. Remove the outer tie rod ends, pitman arm, idler arm, and frame mount for the idler arm.
Chevrolet Silverado introduced all-new heavy-duty pickups during the ’07 model year. They were highlighted by all-new and differentiated exterior designs, two unique interiors and class-leading power and efficiency. They roll into 2008 ready for work or leisure, with minor refinements and enhancements, while still loaded with include segment-leading and segment-exclusive features.
Removing cover for center dashboard (defroster trim)
Installation Location: 1. Insert plastic wedge under dashboard cover (defroster trim) center -1- and lever out in upward direction – 2. Disconnect plug connection for sun sensor.
Some 2005 Taurus and Sable vehicles equipped with a 3.0L 2V and some 2003-
2005 Lincoln LS vehicles equipped with a 3.0L 4V engine may exhibit a vacuum
leakage noise or lean codes and/or malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on. The
cause may be a leak at the 0-ring on the intake manifold tuning (IMT) valve.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
Removal of Original System
1) Start under the vehicle. Find the four bolt flange just behind the catalytic converter, loosen and remove the bolts on this flange.
2) Cut the original system just behind the muffler.
3) Spray the stock hangers with aerosol lube and pry rubber mounts from the system. Leave the rubber mounts attached to the truck for re-use.
4) Remove the old system.
Exhaust System Removal:
1. Measure the exhaust pipe 7-1/2 inches forward of the rear axle and mark a line.
2. Using a saw or chain style pipe cutter, cut the stock system.
3. Using a 15 mm socket remove the two flange nuts.
4. Remove the front hanger from the rubber isolator and remove the front section of the stock exhaust system.
5. Remove the rubber isolator after the axle from both the vehicle and the exhaust system.
NOTE: Be sure to save all rubber isolators removed from the vehicle. They will be used to install the CORSA Performance exhaust system in later steps.
Rear lid spoiler requires removal.
• Carefully read complete procedure before beginning work.
• Obtain a copy of ZX Recall work procedure.
• Obtain adhesive kit Part No: D 000 800
• Obtain a new (pre-primed) spoiler
Part No: 8N8 827 933A GRU (Coupe)
Part No: 8N7 827 933A GRU (Roadster)
Note: The spoiler will need to be painted at a body shop repair facility prior to installation.
Mirror Housing Removal
1. Open driver side door. Lower window.
2. Remove door lock cover.
3. Unsnap and remove the triangular molding that covers the mirror mounting screws.
4. Unsnap and remove the molding that covers the door handle. Remove the screw behind the door handle.
5. Unsnap the control console and unplug the wires. Remove the screw located behind the arm rest.
6. Dislodge the door panel by pulling it up and away from the door slightly. Disconnect light and tweeter connections and remove door panel.
The Chevy Suburban HD Z71 is the culmination of a “what if” exercise that melds the popular Suburban 2500HD with the popular Z71 off-road package – a combination not currently offered by the factory – and partners it with a new, fuel-saving smaller-displacement diesel engine. The concept uses many production parts, including the front-end assembly from Chevy’s HD trucks, along with some unique custom touches – including rear wheel flares that pick up the styling cues of the front end. Power is generated by a new 4.5L diesel engine that gives this off-road-ready Suburban power, poise and efficiency.
2005 Ford Truck F 150 2WD Pickup V8-5.4L SOHC VIN 5 Vehicle Level – Engine, Cooling and Exhaust Engine Technical Service Bulletins – All Technical Service – Bulletins – Ignition System, Spark Plug Removal Instructions.
Some 2004-2008 F-150, 2006-2008 Mark LT, 2005-2008 F-Super Duty, Expedition, and Navigator, with 5.4L 3-V engine; 2005-2008 Mustang, 2006-2008 Explorer, Mountaineer, and 2007-2008 Explorer Sport Trac with 4.6L 3-V engine; 2005-2008 F-Super Duty, 2006-2008 and F-Stripped Chassis, with 6.8L 3-V engine may experience difficulty with spark plug removal. This may cause damage to the spark plug and leave part of the spark plug in the cylinder head. Affected engine build dates are as follows: 5.4L 3-V and 6.8L 3-V before 10/9/07, 4.6L 3-V before 11/30/07.